Election of Two Community Members to the AirDAO Ecosystem Fund Multisig

Title
Election of Two Community Members to the AirDAO Ecosystem Fund Multisig

Summary
After the success of the tokenomics upgrade proposal vote, AirDAO is holding an election for two community members to join the multi-signature wallet that will control the AirDAO Ecosystem Fund.

Abstract
As outlined in the successful tokenomics upgrade proposal, the AirDAO Ecosystem Fund will be a pool of 850 million AMB committed to incentivizing development in the AirDAO ecosystem. The fund will be under the management of the AirDAO council, with a majority approval on the aforementioned multi-signature wallet necessary to deploy capital to ecosystem partners. Ecosystem Fund tokens are locked indefinitely, with the community-owned DAO deciding when and how to use the funds.

Motivation
One of AirDAO’s long-term goals is for our entire blockchain and dApp ecosystem to be under the management of the community — a distinctive feature for a layer one blockchain. Empowering the community to elect representatives to join the Ecosystem Fund multi-sig is a step towards this important goal and embodies AirDAO’s commitment to decentralization and putting the community at the heart of the ecosystem. The election of two community representatives ensures that the community has influence over how AirDAO ecosystem funds will be allocated in the future.

Specification
AirDAO Ambassador Program members have created a shortlist of several potential candidates based on their standing in the AirDAO community and interviewed them to ascertain their suitability for the role. During the election, the community will vote for the candidates they consider responsible and dedicated enough to AirDAO to participate in the multi-sig. The vote will be held using AirDAO’s Snapshot.

The candidates will reply to this thread and answer the following questions:

Name:

Social media pages:

How long have you been involved in AirDAO?

How active are you within the AirDAO community?

What are your main activities as an AirDAO community member?

Why do you want to be part of the AirDAO Ecosystem Fund multi-sig?

3 Likes

This is great, it gives the community the chance to decide what is good for the ecosystem

1 Like

Hi there :slight_smile:

Name:
Matthieu B. / mattnounet

Social media pages:
https://twitter.com/mattnounet

The journey I have with AirDAO is quite long…

Do you remember the Ambrosus project ? I was excited to find a great gem with a solid tech side.

Do you remember the switch to the new brand launched by Lang ? I’m proud to be one of the first to say publicly that was a tremendous idea.

Do you remember the launch of the Ambassador Program ? Yes, we’ve done great work on a short amount of time because the team decided to bring onboard 5 people who are long term believers.

For those who don’t know who I am, let’s be quick by saying that all things done are not necessarily visible. I think that the set up of a community in every region of the globe (with the strong team of 5 people who launched the Ambassador Program) shows how active I am in the process. Also, I’m in charge of developing the francophone community and I hope it will be huge in the next few weeks.

Being part of the “AirForce” (a.k.a. The 5 guys who are leading the Ambassador Program) is probably what we can call “main activity”. But I also can clearly say that there is no main activity for me in AirDAO : we have a lot of things to do all the time, ideas are popping everywhere; and I think that’s my most valuable contribution to the group : delivering week after week to make the community happy, and constantly growing; also setting some framework and workflow to make the processes smooth.

As said previously, I think I’m one of the core members of the community. Always here. On sunny days as on cloudy ones. I can bring continuity to the project because I’m not a quitter. Always remember the past to bring out the brightest of future.

3 Likes

Great piece, thank you for sharing your thoughts

1 Like
  1. Hüseyin Kargılı

2. telegram:@huso2210 twitter:https://twitter.com/HseyinKargili

3. 7 mounths

4. I am very active especially in the Turkish community.

5. I am a long term investor. Apart from that, I actively contribute to the community

6. I want to be a part of the AirDAO Ecosystem Fund multi-sig because I will take a more active role in this ecosystem in which I am an investor and involved. I appreciate that Community members are given such an important role and I will be happy to take part in protecting ecosystem funds.

3 Likes

Preferred name: Grimmers or grimwood

Social media pages: @grimmers_amb for both telegram and Twitter

I’ve been an investor in the ecosystem since 2019 and have made it my priority to understand this project to its core. The problems, the opportunities, the team, the visions and all elements which can either propel or stop this project moving forward.

More than I care to admit. I’ve always been engaged at community level, I’ve attended every town hall since they have started and have recently in 2023 taken a more official role as a lead ambassador. I must stress that my role is to ensure I represent the community and their interests and not the team.

As an ambassador I’m spending my time speaking with individuals, educating the community on the history and also the potential opportunities ahead of us. But I’m also speaking with industry to raise the profile of AirDAO. I also plan to grow the U.K community in the future.

Given the time I already spend in the community and the extent of my knowledge of AirDAO. It feels like my duty to make sure any future decisions take in to consideration the thoughts and feelings of those people who have shown true commitment to AirDAO.

3 Likes